Ginger tea is incredibly tasty and healthy, and can easily be turned to turmeric elixir if you prefer to get some extra nutrients into your body with the power of turmeric! I’ll show the basic batch that you need, and then depending on your mood from day to day, you can decide how you’d like to drink it, tea or elixir! The batch is large enough to last for 1-2 weeks (depending on how often you drink this).
BASIC BATCH for Ginger Tea and Turmeric Elixir:
Ginger (amount that would be equivalent to 1 cup shredded)
1 cup honey
(or 1:1 of ginger to honey)
Turmeric Elixir additional ingredients:
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
dashes of black pepper
1. Peel ginger, then use food processor to shred the ginger to the finest pieces that you can.
2. Pour the honey and the ginger into a bowl and mix.
3. Keep refrigerated.
1. Add 2 spoonfuls of the mixture, then fill the cup with water (hot or cold, your choice)
1. Same step as above
2. Make lemon juice using a citrus squeezer and add to cup
3. Add turmeric
4. Add a dash of black pepper
5. Drink! Intermittently mix the drink to prevent ingredients from settling on the bottom.
You may wonder why I add the black pepper to my elixir since that is not part of a typical turmeric elixir that you find in stores. This is because studies have shown that including black pepper when you eat turmeric increases the turmeric’s bioavailability significantly. So even though it may not add to the taste, it definitely is worth it for the health benefits! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do 🙂