This has been my go-to meal lately. It’s a great way to incorporate more kale into my diet and sneak more kale into my husband’s diet! He had no idea it was kale until I told him after he ate the whole thing up! It’s so healthy and easy to make! I serve it over wild blend rice.
Recipe (adapted from FoodNetwork)
Makes 2 servings
Olive oil to grease pan
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, sliced
Half batch of kale, chopped (without main stem)
sprinkles of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
1 can cannellini beans
1 cup chicken stock
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add onion and garlic slices. Saute until tender about 3 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper; stir until fragrant.
- Add the kale and let saute until it cooks down slightly.
- Add the beans and the chicken stock.
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.