I had avocados that I needed to use up, and I’ve been craving egg rolls, so I found a recipe to make avocado eggrolls! The recipe is a copycat of the Cheesecake Factory’s appetizer. This is my healthier version, so you won’t have to feel bad eating all of them yourself!
(Recipe adapted from Restaurant Recipe Blog)
2 large avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced
4 tbs sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbs finely chopped red onions
1 tsp fresh organic cilantro, chopped
1 dash sea salt
8 egg roll wraps (I used a brand with the main ingredient as enriched wheat flour)
Organic extra-virgin olive oil
1. Stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and salt.
2. Distribute filling evenly on the center of each egg roll wrapper.
3. Fold one corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
4. Brush the remaining corners and edges with a little bit of water (enough to wet your fingertip), roll up the left and right side, then fold top corner over all and press to seal.
5. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
6. Brush olive oil on all sides each egg roll. Place egg roll in baking pan with folded flap up.
7. Bake egg rolls at 425 degrees for 7-8 minutes, then take out to flip the egg rolls over, and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
1/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbs lime juice
1/4 (slightly over) cup raw agave nectar
1 pinch turmeric
1/2 cup chopped raw organic cashews (soaked ideally 2 hours beforehand)
2/3 cup fresh organic cilantro
2 garlic cloves
2 green onions
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1. Combine vinegar, oil, agave, lime juice, and spices.
2. Using a blender, puree liquid mixture, cashews, cilantro, garlic, onions.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
The egg roll was good on its own, with a slight crunch to them since they’re baked. However, the dipping sauce made this AMAZING! I made this for me and my husband, but it was so good that I ended up eating most of them myself =) I actually never tried the ones at Cheesecake Factory so I won’t be able to compare the two. The sauce is great! I have some left over, so I’m trying to figure out what else I can use to dip with before it goes bad.